Founder of AAMC, Dr. Shane is a highly sought after speaker on issues relating to relationships and marriages in the Black community, and regular contributor to media outlets regarding the unique issues and challenges facing African Americans.
He has appeared on a number of national television and radio shows, and has served as a relationship coach in a couple of movies about black marriages (including “You Saved Me.) Most recently, he appeared on a TVOne episode as a guest specialist, has been a regular contributor to Ebony magazine, and currently blogs for the Psychology Today magazine. Additionally, he has been featured in the Washington Post and the Washington Times, Essence and Congress Woman Eleanor Norton Holmes’ forum on “What Has Happened to Marriage in the Black Community?” during the Congressional Black Caucus.
As a speaker or tv guest, he successfully blends humor, insight, empathy and participant education in a fashion that entertains and engages audiences while delivering the desired results.
He would be honored to facilitate your next church or organization workshop, or serve as a keynote speaker. In addition to entertaining, informing, connecting with and empowering participants, he will help them realize …“It’s Never too Late to Live Happily Ever After!”
• Congressional Black Caucus, Congresswoman Norton’s Forum, Key Note Speaker
• The University of Maryland. Iota Phi Theta Fraternity: Key Note Speaker
• Black and Married with Kids. com, Documentary Film Premier, Co-Facilitator
• The Bev Smith Show, Nationally syndicated Radio Show: Special Guest
• The Deborah Owens Show, Special Guest
• George Washington University, Graduate School of Leadership and Education: Key Note Speaker
• The Joy Keys Show, Recurring Guest
• ABC 2 the Point Television Show, with Terry Owens: Specail Guest
• National Public Radio, NPR: Special Guest
• District of Columbia Television, DCTV
• Refuge Temple Church, Key Note Speaker
• The Uniged Methodist Church: Men’s Day Program, Key Note Speaker
• Capital Yacht Charters: The Newlywed Cruise. Key Note Speaker
A Few of the Most Requested Speaking Topics
• Black Male-Female Marriages and Relationships: Are We in a Civil War?
• Why Spouses Cheat: Affair Proof Your Relationship
• Finding Soul Mate Love: Is He or She “The One”?
• How to Become “The One”: If it Takes Two Wholes Make a Whole…What Happens with Two Halves?
• How to Stop — or Keep Your Spouse From – Walking Out the Door
• Love and Money: Is Financial Infidelity is Cheating? And, if so, How to Stop It?
• Love Languages: You Mean He’s Been Telling Me He Loves Me all this Time.
“A powerful speaker…your speech hit the ball out of the park. You made some excellent points, while successfully balancing humor, challenging your audience and educating them. I look forward to making your acquaintance on a lot of other issues related to family and marriage.”
Columnist “On the Family”
Panelist/Speaker, Congresswoman Norton’s Forum at the Congressional Black Caucus, 2009: “Single Women, Unmarried Men: What Has Happened to Marriage in the Black Community?”
“Your expertise and knowledge on the subject of marriage and the Black family was greatly appreciated for our forum. The congresswoman needed an expert and an African American male to talk about the subject of marriage and why African Americans are opting out of marriage.
You captivated the audiences’ attention with your stories about the Obama’s and the Clinton’s, and also completely engaged them with questions about how Black men view Black women and vice-versa, and how to respect each other so that we learn to create win/win situations that will help our marriages work.
It was pleasure working with you on our CBC forum, and we will definitely call upon you for speaking engagements involving marriage and families in the future.”
Dionne Calhoun, Legislative Associate
Office of Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton
Keynote Speaker at the University of Maryland:
“Unfaithful, Why Men Cheat?”
“On behalf of the Nu Chapter of Iota Phi Theta Fraternity Inc, I would like to thank you for being our keynote speaker for “Unfaithful: Why Men Cheat.”
You helped make it one of the best programs we have ever done.
We will definitely let you know the next opportunity to bring you back to campus.”
If any of these questions sound familiar and are causing you or your audience concern, contact Dr. Shane today at (301) 588-4600 to book him for your next event or media interview.